John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have an LG 2 door fridge with a freezer drawer with ice maker.

I have an LG 2 door fridge with a freezer drawer with ice maker. Model # XXXXX
Over the past week it has been developing a thin sheet of ice in the bottom of the freezer.
I shut off the ice maker and it had no effect. Thinking it may be clogged I looked at the condensation drain in the back bottom and it was dry. Last night I noticed 2 small frozen trickles of water in the inside back of the freezer. These trickles are streaming from 2 things that look like vent flaps on the back wall inside the freezer.
We live in a remote area and it is difficult to get service. I am pretty handy and can fix almost anything. Can you tell me some things I could check?
The drain at the bottom of the freezer is blocked,Take the freezer panel off and pour hot water down the drain tube to clear,Then the tray under the fridge wont be dry , Its a common problem with sxs fridges
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks can you tell me how to remove that panel? It must be on the inside of the freezer. I don't want to try and force anything and break it.
the back panel is held on by a few screws ,Inside the freezer where the freezer fan is located
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I can't get the back off. I run the heat from a hair blow dryer up the fan vents to heat the compartment do you think that will work?

If not I'll probably need to have a tech come out.

Thanks for your help.

If you cant do it from there ,Pull the fridge out and find the drain hose ,It goes in the drain pan by the compressor,Shove a coat hanger up the tube to clean it out
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

That didn't work either. It must make a right turn at the top so I didn't want to jam it up there too hard. I appreciate your help.

I'll release the money now.

You may have to let it thaw,It could be ice,Letit thaw ,It will work
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks I'll give it a try.
OK Good Luck