Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Maytag Atlantis MAV 7600 will spin and agitate without a load,

Maytag Atlantis MAV 7600 will spin and agitate without a load, as soon as we try to do a load, will not spin or agitate
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your question,When you set it to fill does it start to wash with no water
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I would like to talk to another expert.

Chas, are you out there?

Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
I think I was requested by mistake and will opt out and notify a more experienced appliance expert.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Thanks
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
thanks ,,,, can you fill me in on whats going on please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The motor runs, turns the belt, and at times the drum would spin. Now it is making a clicking noise, and the shaft feels warm. Earlier today i was able to spin the drum with nothing in it, but as soon as we fill with clothes and water, it will not move. I can rotate the drum counter clockwise to free it , but it will still not agitate or spin
check the belt and see if its real loose and has any burns on it and let me know please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The belt is not real tight, but there are no burn marks.
remove the belt and turn the pulley in the middle (transmission pulley) and see if you can turn it ,,,, one way makes the agit turn and the other releases the clutch and lets the tub turn ,,, tell me what happens please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I do it with the washer on it's face, or do I stand it back up?
be better if its standing up and leaning back against the wall where the tub wont rub
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. I did just look at the trans pulley, and it has a lot of black residue from the belt. The main pulley will turn in either direction, but the tub does not move. When I try to turn the tub, it is very hard in either direction. This is standing up.
but it will spin and agit on a light load
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Not anymore. It will spin maybe 1 out of 20 times

what i would do is replace the belt and if it dont help it to agit and spin the you will have to have the clutch/brake replaced and that isnt something you can do unless you want to buy a $150 tool that you will use one time ,,, the clitch/break is spring loaded and will knock your head off without the tool ,,, you will need a tech to come out and do the job for you ,,, the part number for the belt is 35-2279 and it cost $23.00 / thanks

Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service