Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

Dryer vent

When the dryer hose is connected it doesnt dry very well. When we disconnect it, it dries great. We ran a hose from the outside to the inside and vice versa, but it never comes all the way through to the other side. Is it possible the exhaust vent leading from the inside to the outside vent is somehow disconnected? We found no lint build up anywhere... Your help would be greatly appreciated! thanks! Mimi
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
if the vent duct has came apart it would be like not having the hose on because the air would be coming out somewhere ,,, it is blocked up inside the duct and maybe even a birds nest ,,, rent a snake and run it though the vent duct to clear it ,,, you can get them at a rental place / thanks Larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how long is the duct from the inside of the house to the outside?
that i cant tell you because i'm not there to see where the dryer is and where the vent comes out ,, sorry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I understand Larry . . but what about there being a cover on the vent outside... I cant imagine birds or any kind of animal can get in there.... Are you saying there is no possible way that the hose (not sure of terminology) from the inside of the house to the outside has come loose? Is it all one piece?
it may not be one piece but if it came apart then it would be like running the dryer without the hose on it ,,, and unless the vent flap has a screen then birds can and will get inside and build a nest ,,, i have seen this many many times over my years working on dryers