John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Hi...my miele dishwasher will not drain and there is water

Hi...my miele dishwasher will not drain and there is water sitting in the bottom..please advise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your question,Check where the drain hooks up to the sink,Take that hose off and put it to the drain cycle,Tell me if you have a blockage at the drain
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the drain hose goes from the dishwasher directly to the disposal..do I disconnet at he connection to the disposal?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Yes ,and look in the hose for a blockage,It happens ofted at the drain,Let me know
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok..got the hose off...a little water came out..I shined a light into where it connects,,,appears to be clear..think is the dishwasher itself as it tries to start draining..then just stops
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Then the problem is with the water pump,You can put it in the drain and blow through the drain hose ,There could be a blockage at the water pump If it starts then stops,You can try that,If that wont work The unit will have to come out to check the water pump