John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds miele dishwasher will not drain and there is water

Resolved Question: miele dishwasher will not drain and there is water sitting in the bottom..please advise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your question,Check where the drain hooks up to the sink,Take that hose off and put it to the drain cycle,Tell me if you have a blockage at the drain
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the drain hose goes from the dishwasher directly to the I disconnet at he connection to the disposal?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Yes ,and look in the hose for a blockage,It happens ofted at the drain,Let me know
Customer: replied 7 years ago. the hose off...a little water came out..I shined a light into where it connects,,,appears to be clear..think is the dishwasher itself as it tries to start draining..then just stops
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Then the problem is with the water pump,You can put it in the drain and blow through the drain hose ,There could be a blockage at the water pump If it starts then stops,You can try that,If that wont work The unit will have to come out to check the water pump