John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

i have a 10548g mark 1, the main oven ignites, but does not

Customer Question

i have a 10548g mark 1, the main oven ignites, but does not go to full flame, justs sits on low ignition flame, have changed the thermo valve and gas supervisor valve to know avail, what else could be wrong
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what more do you need to know? the main oven ignites, and stays on a low flame, it does not go out. after seeking help on similar sites i changed the ffd valve to no avail then the gas valve with the oven thermosensor on it, this has not worked, looking again have come across your site and am try this to see if you have any ideas
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Usually with that problem ,Its the Glow Coil that is the problem,I will send you some info on the problem It will take a few minutes
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
may i ask whats a glow coil?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

This is the problem,Replace the Glow Coil It will solve the problem

The Appliance Doc

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Again i ask what is a glow coil?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
The Glow Coil is what ignites the Gas,If the Glow Coil is weak ,It will light the gas but will not get up to the set temperature,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
mine ingites on a spark electrode, not a glow coil
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

I found this info,I can see the parts you replaced,It could be the oven sensor as well You will need a volt meter to check , the circuits

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have a volt meter, i go to work in 30 mins, can this be carried over to tomorrow or must it be finished today, are there other circuits in the oven?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
I will be here.Talk then
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry but none off your answers helped me, there are nooven sensors in my cooker, so sorry cannotaccept your answer, and have ordered a new cooker now to replace my broken on