william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

I have an LG WM2077CW and the soap dispenser drawer is stuck.

I have an LG WM2077CW and the soap dispenser drawer is stuck. I can't pull it out of the slot. I think one of the sopa cups id askew preventing me from removing the drawer. How can I fix this problem?

do you have one of them bulb suction things that you would use on a baby to clear the nose and ears im sorry but i cant think of the name

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
A baby's ear syringe? I think I might but it would take some finding.
thats it im thinking that it could be gunked up around in there let me know when you find it
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No gunk. It's as clean as a whistle.
However, I managed to remove the top panel and then got top of the white plastic drawer housing to loosen just enough to allow the drawer to slide out. However when I slide the drawer back into the housing it catches on something. Specifically the "softener dispenser" seems to be the culprit but, I can't see why it is catching on the top of the drawer housing. If I remove the softener dispenser the drawer works as normal. When I put the softener dispenser back in, it catches the top of the housing and prevents the drawer from sliding out.

ok do this take some sandpaper and sand on the underneath of the top to where you see that it catches or use a file sounds like it warped a bit

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I tried doing that but the only thing that works is removing the softener dipenser.
Thanks.

did you try this on the dispencer itself? if so i meant where it slides into thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I did. I don't detect any kind of burr or other obstruction causing this to happen. There was a burr on the Bleach Dispenser but, it didn't seem to affect the sliding of the drawer. I never use softener anyway so, I think I'll just leave that dispenser out of the drawer. It's just a measuring device, anyway, I can stiil use softener without the dispenser.

does it to this if you take both of the out do this take them out and then try it this will determine if its the drawer itself ok thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The first thing I did was to remove all the dispensers and the drawer worked fine. It got stuck, only, when I inserted (snapped) the Softener Dispenser into it's place. It works normally with the other 2 dispensers snapped into their respective places.
so its the softner i wouldnt use it since its just a measuring device anyways but if you change your mind about it you will have to get a whole new dispencer