John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

MY TOP LOAD WASHER WILL NOT SPIN IN THE SPIN CYCLE WITH A LOAD

MY TOP LOAD WASHER WILL NOT SPIN IN THE SPIN CYCLE WITH A LOAD OF CLOTHES. THE SPIN CYCLE WORKS WHEN THE WASHER IS EMPTY BUT I CAN STOP IT WITH MY HAND. I ALSO COULD SMELL A SLIGHT BURNT SMELL WHEN I NOTICED THIS. I CHECKED THE RUBBER CONNECTION BETWEEN THE MOTOR AND THE GEAR BOX AND IT IS GOOD. WHAT SHOULD I CHECK NEXT?
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Hi Was there any oil by the transmission,Where the coupling hookees up to the transmission
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NO

http://www.applianceaid.com/direct-nospin.html

Go through this info ,It could be a clutch problem,Take a look at the clutch,You will have to pull the tranny out to take a look

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
HOW DO I TELL IF THE CLUTH IS BAD?

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b6a11i2670&PartID=2670

Here is the clutch,That plastic piece could be brocken,Or the clutch pads could have oil on them or worn out

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

SO THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM W/ MY CONTROLS?

Thats right if it was the controls the washer motor would not start or want to try and spin,Its a common problem with that washer,If the washer is less than 5 yrs old it could be covered by the warranty