Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Yesterday, I unplugged my fridge in an attempt to reset the

Yesterday, I unplugged my fridge in an attempt to reset the the temperture controls. I heard a pop from the back of the fridge and the manuel said this was normal when I plugged it back in. The temputure controls didn't come back on an the fridge is cooling what can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
poped behind the fridge or inside ,,,,, may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes It will take one moment
no rush
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
gef228jsaa 64er0296-59915

or is it this number you need?
53000604599752296001
gef228jsaa should be the number but something is wrong because it does not come up ,,, recheck please and is this a GE fridge
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes this is a GE Profile,

The numbers are GE-F228JSAA 64ERO296-59915

Serial number GLO59915

Model Number PFS22SISSS
thanks ,, that got it ,,,, just a couple more questions ,,,,,, is the fan blowing inside the freezer and on the back is the compressor and fan running
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no, except for the light nothing is on in the fridge
the motherboard on the back of the fridge has blown out ,,,, the part number is XXXXX and it cost $124.69 online at www3.sears.com and its behind the 6x8 panel and you may be able to get one at a local appliance parts dealer and if not here is a link to get one / thanks

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showPart.pd?partNumber=WR55X 10526&productGroupId=0046&supplierId=363&brandId=0432&documentId=G0712222&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=PFS22SISDSS&keyId=0801&pageId=00002&productTypeId=0161000&searchModelNumber=PFS22SISDSS&subCompDesc=Cabinet&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=BOTTOM-MOUNT-REFRIGERATOR&backToLink=Return%20to%20part%20list

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I pressed the Green Accept button, How do I get my answer?
sent the answer but just in case it didnt come to you here it is again / thanks

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showPart.pd?partNumber=WR55X10526&productGroupId=0046&supplierId=363&brandId=0432&documentId=G0712222&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=PFS22SISDS S&keyId=0801&pageId=00002&productTypeId=0161000&searchModelNumber=PFS22SISDSS&subCompDesc=Cabinet&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=BOTTOM-MOUNT-REFRIGERATOR&backToLink=Return%20to%20part%20list