John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Last week my dryer drum wasnt turning, the blower still was

Customer Question

Last week my dryer drum wasn't turning, the blower still was working, so I check the belt and sure enough it had snapped. I ordered a new belt from Lowe's Parts and Accessories and replaced the belt. Now after putting it back together the dryer wont' turn on at all. The dryer was still working fine with aside from the snapped belt before I took the dryer apart. Is there a switch or something that gets tripped when you take the front panel off or something?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

PLease send me the Make & Model #
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a Whirlpool Special Edition 3-Cycle; Model No. LER3624EQO Type No. 122-00
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

This is the door switch,Is the metal tab sticking out when you open the door,If it is push it in and out does it click

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes it does click
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Take the back off the dryer ,You will see this part,Its the thermal fuse,It will fail with a belt break,Join the two wires together and try it,It should be the problem

Let me know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Already figured it out. Seems like every post I went to said it was the thermal fuse. The problem was far more simple than that. If you take the front panel off of the dryer to replace the drum, then you have to disconnect the door switch. If you don't reconnect the switch when you put the front panel on...well, duh. Thanks for your help, mentioning the door switch made me realize that.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Great. Good one Thank You