Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Have a Whirpool side by side model ED22TQ refrigerator. Ice

Have a Whirpool side by side model ED22TQ refrigerator. Ice maker not working and water from front water dispenser is warm. Freezer section still cold enough for ice not to melt.

Are these problems related? Have any troubleshooting/fix suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Look at the back

wall of the freezer section. About 1/3 of it from the floor. Is there frost on the back?

Is the interior fan running?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no frost, fan is humming. Ice cream is soupy but ice (inbags) is still frozen.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.

The fan is not blowing?

If I misunderstood and the fan inside is blowing....check the fan outside. It has to be

working as well....and if thats ok....have you heard anything hum and click?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am at work, am trying to get answers from my wife at home. There does not appear to be air coming out of the freezer interior fan. The ice water dispenser is just giving room temperature water - not ice cold as is usual.

Wife is getting frustrated at this point.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.

Im Sorry.....you will need to remove the lower back wall of the freezer to find out

why the motor is nt spinning it could be as simple as a small piece of ice and manually

turning the fan would break that loose. I would advise her to unplug the refrigerator from the wall as the wire connectors on that fan may be uninsulated and 110 volts will be there. If you want to wait til later when you get home I can advise a friend who is

a co-worker to pick up your question.

I will have to go to work after 1:30 today eastern time and will not be back until midnight.

Let me know so I can give him a call if I need to.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks,

I have to see what I can do to get a technician out to the house.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.

Ok If you need further assistance just come back to the thread. I will check it

tonight.

Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.