Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

my washing machine is draining straight up my kitchen sink.

my washing machine is draining straight up my kitchen sink. ive used drano and others and nothing is working. snaked it once and thought i had it but i guess not. getting angry now. what to do?

Hello, I hope I can help you with your situation. First let me just say that I honestly have first hand experience with this as this same situation happened to me just last week. Do you have a garbage disposal?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No but I'm in the process of putting in a new kitchen sink with a new garbage disposal. Rite now the pipe just comes out of wall and and disconnected at u pipe
Okay, well to be honest when this happened to me I had to call a plumber and he used a 50ft snake to clear my line. Sounds like your sink drain and washer drain are tied together before it goes in to the main drain. I tried chemicals also to unclog it but just like you my drain was so clogged that it started to overflow at the washer and my sink was clogged.