Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My 11-year old Amana side-by-side refrigerator/freezer his

My 11-year old Amana side-by-side refrigerator/freezer his very hot to the touch on the door jamb where the two doors close together. But inside both fridge and freezer, the temp is cold. It's just the front surface of the jamb that's hot, but it's hot enough I'm worried it could be dangerous. Any ideas?
Rob Ely
its not dangerous but you have a problem with the fridge ,,, pull the fridge out from the wall and remove the lower panel and check the fan motor ,,, if its not blowing then you will need to take the model number to a local appliance dealer and get a condenser motor and replace it and you can set a fan behind the fridge till you get a motor ,,, it blows on the coils and complessor to keep it cool and that is also the center strip ,,, if it is blowing then clean the coils under the fridge and that will fix it ,,,,,,,,,,, thanks and have a good day