I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

Have a Kenmore 44142 front loading washing machine...at least

Have a Kenmore 44142 front loading washing machine...at least 4 years old. Assume that the bearing seals are worn out because black grease stains appeared all over a load of white clothes and sheets. It seems to mostly happen on heavy loads. My questions is...is roughly how much does it cost to replace the bearings and/or the transmission? Would it be more cost-effective to just buy a new washer? The Sears repairman wants $100 to come to our house and tell us the grease is coming from the bearings...before any repairs start.

Thanks,
Paul
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

unfortunetly it is not worth spenfing 400-550 dolars to repair this washer.
Look in to Speed Queen washers .

AFTER 5 YEARS AND THREE repairs.

I threw my in the trash and bought a Speed Queen Commercial grade washer and thats the last one I will ever buy!
It does 8 loads a week for 25 years!!!!!!!

The washers and dryers today use so much less water,electricity,and detergent that they pay for them selves after a only a few years.
It is cheaper to buy, run, and operate a new efficient machine! You will see you water and electric bill reduced!!!!!!!!!
Speed Queen commercial grade top loader uses only 34 gallon of water compared to the others at 48-54 gallons!
Their front load washer uses, (GET THIS) ONLY 13.9 GALLONS of water.

And Speed Queen washes in 35 minutes and the clothes are cleaner and last longer cause it uses water agitation instead of a vain to wear out your clothes!
How about spinning at 750 to 1000 RPM and the clothes come out so dry they are only in the dryer half the time than all the other machines!
They have a 3 year parts and labor warranty and ten years on the transmisson.
the best warranty in the industry
Thus half the gas or electric bill!!
All my employees have replaced their laundry pairs with Speed Queen!