Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

LG DLG5988 Gas Dryer Cooling light stays on. Takes 3 to 4

LG DLG5988 Gas Dryer: Cooling light stays on. Takes 3 to 4 drying cycles to get clothes dry?? Any ideas??
Hello, I think I can help you with your situation. First, is there any heat at all when you run the dryer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Randy,

Yes there is some heat. I can hear the burner when it comes on.
Sounds like you have a clogged vent. Remove the vent at the back of the dryer and start it. Feel if the heat is coming out good. The problem you described is very common for a clogged vent that goes to the outside of the house.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I will try to remove the vent and see what happens. If it works I will gladly accept your answer.

Thank you and I hope it does please keep me posted

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Randy,

It worked. Thank you for your help. I will make sure to pass along the service you guys provide. Saved me a $100 service call to tell me the vent was clogged.

Customer/p>