John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hi, I have a Jenn Air Cook top stove . The igniter keeps cliking

Hi, I have a Jenn Air Cook top stove . The igniter keeps cliking when not in use I have to turn elctric off to shut down, or I have to turn one of the back burners on then the spark would stop.
Please help me what to do?

Hi Thanks for your question, Does it do it every time you clean the stove, with a wet cloth
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

it does it all the time it has been 3 months now. the model number for Let me know please.

My surface burners keep "clicking" even after the burner is light: There are a few things to check for. Make sure the electrode ( the small metal piece that the spark comes off from ) is clean and the holes in the burner are clean, use a pin or paper clip to clean out the burner holes and NOT a tooth pick as these can break off and make things worse. Example of a burner. The next thing to check for are the ignition switches under the surface control knobs, the switches can twist and break and keep the spark module on and the spark keeps "clicking" even when the burner is light. If every thing looks good, you may have a bad spark module, replace it. Sometimes cleaning can get moisture into the surface switches, try drying them with an hair dryer to see of this will help. Repair and checking tips for surface burne

rs This is what to check for