Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

I just removed an old switch assembly and installed a new

Customer Question

I just removed an old switch assembly and installed a new one. The part # XXXXX XXXXX The washing machine is still not working. What can be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I would like to help you with this situation. Can I please have the model number and what the orginal problem was?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model # XXXXX

The original problem was water did not come into the machine and the spin cycle is the only cycle that worked.

I had a technician to come by from Master Appliance because they stated on line that they were Maytag certified. Well, I received an inappproate repair and the machine worked for a day and stopped again. I tried to get them to come back out because their site stated they were 24 hours but I received very rude response when I called to complain.

However I watched the serviceman as he repaired the machine and he twisted a wire and placed it around the bulb to make a connection. He stated that the bulb was blown.

I ordered an Assembly Switch and put it in myself, however the machine is still not working.
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.

So, let me start from the beginning. What is your problem now? Sorry if I sound stupid but it sounds like you were getting the runaround.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model # XXXXX

The machine will not come on at all.
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Does it even fill with water?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Do you have access to the lid switch? If so can you check to see if you have power to the lid switch that you just repalced?
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Also, this is a maytag isn't it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes, this is a Maytag topload washing machine

I replaced the assembly switch. I'm not familiar with the Lid Switch
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry but that part number you gave me comes up with a lid switch assembly. Now double check to male sure that swithc is properly aligned and positioned in the same spot as the old one.