John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hot water shut off sensor does not appear to be working. Tub

Hot water shut off sensor does not appear to be working. Tub starts filling up and will not stop -- water starts running out of soad dispenser. Cold water seems to work fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your question,Push the timer in does it stop then,or continue
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What additional information would you like?

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Its the hot water valve that is stuck open allowing free flow of water ,To repair the problem ,replace the water valve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Where is the hot water valve in this machine? Is this something I can do myself (novice level) or does it require an expert? Also, does this part need to be ordered from Bosch? The last time I had something fixed on this machine -- a new spring -- the part took over a month to arrive -- and I did not do the repair myself.

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
The water valve is where the hot and cold water hoses go to at the back
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is it a part of the machine that I need to order or is it the hot water valve that comes out of the wall?

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Here is the hot water valve,Order thi ,It will repair the problem

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the help. There is a big extra bonus in store if you can tell me how to install the part myself. If you think the best bet is to call in an expert to do the installation, let me know -- you still get a bonus but not quite as big since I will be spending money on the expert.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi Get to the hoses ,The top will have to be removed ,Unless theres a plate that holds the valve in the washer ,You will see that when you get the valve,Theres just two screws to hold it in the washer,Turn the water off first,let me know