Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have completely tore apart my GE WJRE5500G0WW washer and

I have completely tore apart my GE WJRE5500G0WW washer and I did not find anything that appeared 'burned' or 'worn' (belt was fine). The washing machine will not 'spin' nor 'agitate'. I tried cycling through trouble code from panel and from motor (after front cover removed) and I cannot make heads/tails of the problem? The guide behind control panel mentions LED on motor with flashing code, but no light on motor. Control panel LED not helpful, either??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
when it fills does it go dead and if you set it on spin will it pump the water out?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, water still drains and makes noise like machine is trying to spin. I even tried spinning from top (with lid open) and from bottom (with front cover off) and pushing AND pulling pulley.
you have a bad lid switch ,,, when its out then the washer will fill and not agit and if you move it to spin the pump will pump the water out but thats all it will do ,,, here is a link to the part and i will send a picture to help you out on this fix / thanks Larry mentId=G0612277&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=WJRE5500G0WW&keyId=0388&pageId=00002&productTypeId=0153200&searchModelNumber=WJRE5500G0WW&subCompDesc=Cabinet,%20cover%20&%20front%20panel&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=WASHER&backToLink=Return%20to%20part%20list

#388 in this picture
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. I will try to order and change out. Does the part come with BOTH sides of the switch ? When I took apart and took off of the lid, there seems to be a wire harness the switch connects to (didn't follow the leads). Does the new switch come with the other 1/2 on the door?
yes both parts comes in the box and its easy to swap out and if you need me i am about always here since i am retired now / thanks again
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you.
your most welcome