Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

My Kenmore Coldspot refridgerator is not making ice anymore...what

My Kenmore Coldspot refridgerator is not making ice anymore...what are the possibilities of the infra red sensor is bad?

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, it will help to have the make and model number of the appliance we are talking about and any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. We are working hard to make you happy...

Please send the model with a period after the first 3 digits of the model number. This is necessary for JustAnswers to think it is not a phone number and X it out..

Warning, If you opt me out from helping you, I will not be able to respond back,,,,Use this option only if you do not wish to communicate with me any further...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
s/n: ss0948195
is the light blinking on the right hand side wall of the freezer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The light is usually red and was blinking but not making ice. Now the light is not on.
Then the electronics have gone out on the unit and will require it's replacement...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this unit a sensor and do you by any chance know what the part number is XXXXX where I might be able to purchase it, and the cost?

The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN, You can order this part at the following locations online..., or, or All 3 of these places are a good place to order your parts because of thier liberal return policy....Costs start at about $7a0 fot the parts...