John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Hello I have a Kenmore washing machine Model No. 110.23832100 The

Hello I have a Kenmore washing machine Model No. 110.23832100

The spin cycle works sometimes and then not at other times it doesn't seam dependant on the size of the load either.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi Thanks for your question,The times that it wont spin does the motor still go

Please send me the Model #

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The model No. 110.23832100. The motor is running during the times it doesn't spin. I've watched it with the lid open and while depressing the lid switch and have been able to get the spin going by getting the tub spinning but it seems like the clutch is slipping during those times. At other times after it hasn't spun I have selected the spin cycle again and the spin cycle works like it should. We have tried washing clothes with the Ultra clean vs the Permanent press setting but whether the spin cycle works or not is still random.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Put it in the spin cycle Ifit wont spin close and open the lid ,Does it start to spin then
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just tried what you said. The washing machine spun this time but when the lid was opened and closed it did not start to spin again. Tried it again still no spin on the second attempt
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
When you did this and got no spin did the motor start .but no spin
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
motor started no spin though
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
So while the timer is on the spin cycle and the motor is going,and not spinning,If you close and open the lid will it start to spin
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry i may have not answered the last question correctly. when the washer is in the spin cycle setting with the lid closed (whether it has decided to spin or not) and you open the lid the the motor shuts off like it always has done. If it is actually spinning and you open the lid it will stop the spinning right away and shut off the motor at the same time.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b6a11i2670&PartID=2670

It could be a clutch problem or a transmission problem,Heres the clutch,You have to take the cabinet off to get to the clutch,I,can send you a video on how to take the cabinet off to get to the clutch and transmission