Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My frigidaire affinity washer is stuck in pause mode. I have

My frigidaire affinity washer is stuck in pause mode. I have tried to cancel it to no avail. Is there a reset button or serious of buttons to push to reset it?
Does the word "PAUSE" only show up when you try to start a cycle?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
"PAUSE" flashes back and forth with the cycle time. Whenever I push another button, I get "ERR" I have tried unplugging it with no results.
if you unplug it for 60 seconds and then plug it back in will it give you the error right from the beginning? or do you have to try to start a cycle before it gives you the error?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It lights up and flashes between the cycle time of 47 minutes and pause. I don't get err unless I try to cancel, pause start, or change the type of cycle.
ok so it sounds like you have a bad control board then. The 'PAUSE" error means that the control board is sensing that the door has been opened in the middle of a cycle. But unplugging the appliance should start the cycle over and it shouldn't come back unless you start another cycle and the latch is broken causing the error again.

The possibilities for your problem are:

1. The door latch assembly.
2. The machine control board behind the front console

From what your describing it sounds like the board is at fault not the latch assembly.