I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances

My whirlpool calypso washer is leaving brown stains on clothes.

Customer Question

My whirlpool calypso washer is leaving brown stains on clothes. I have cleaned around all tub seals plus the white inner "agitator" cover. I think I need to clean the inner wash ring but I'm not sure how to get it out. Do you have to take out the bolts on the outer ring? What tool do you use to do this? These stains are so frustrating!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.

I had customers that were finding pieces of brown wax and stains on our clothes. In our case, it was either the liquid fabric softener, the HE detergent, or both. I opened up our Calypso washer (the top opens from the front/hinges in the back), took the white top off the barrel (it unsnaps around the sides), and cleaned out about 2 cups of brown paste and sludge. This took about 2 hours, but hopefully I won't need to do it again for another 5 years or so.

I have also discovered another problem once or twice of mildew looking brown gunk under the rubber seals. They had a front loader and the seals around the opening of the washer had nasty stuff all under it, the same brown looking muck on the customers clothes. It was a combination of dirt and probably mildew from washing clothes all those years. I took an old wash rag and got all I could from under this seal.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I already read this question and answer when I googled my problem. That is an old question and answer. You did not answer my question--how do I get the inner wash ring out?
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.

If you send me your e-mail address, i'll send you my service manual for your washer.

Send it like this

Example : if not the system will block it!
Do not use the @

It has complete instructions and pictures to do every job.

I'm ready to send as soon as you e-mail me.
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.
Send it like this
Example : If not the system will block the E-mail a
Do not use the @
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
may we have the model number please
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

Hi, Larry is not on right now,,,,you can download the service manual for you unit from my personal library,,,,kust click on the link below to download it to your computer....

If you have any questions let me know....

you will need to replace the washplate to advoid the stains ,,, its #2 in this breakdown p;productCategoryId=0153200&brandId=1198&modelName=WASHER---DIRECT-DRIVE&diagramPageId=00003&componentDescription=WASHPLATE,%20BASKET%20AND%20TUB&documentId=W0110059&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list
Expert:  I.can replied 7 years ago.
Did you get the repair manual???
I E-Mailed you??
If my info was helpful please press the
button,this is how I am paid for helping you today.