Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My six yr old stove, Frigidaire professional series is stuck

Customer Question

My six yr old stove, Frigidaire professional series is stuck in the oven lock position. The only buttons on the keypad that work are the light, clock, and timer. All the other buttons on the keypad don't work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
What is the complete model number?
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomerbr />
Faulty Door Latch
The door will not open until the temperature in the oven has cooled below 500 degrees. If the oven is cool and the door still will not release, it is most probably the door latch assembly causing the problem.

If the latch is faulty and locked closed the news not good. This gets out of the range of a do-it-yourselfer very quickly.

Send me the complete model number and i'll try to see if I can get it open.

Stopping or Interrupting a Self-Cleaning cycle:
If it becomes necessary to stop or interrupt a Self-Cleaning cycle
due to excessive smoke or fire in the oven:
1. Press Clear/Off.
2. Once the oven has cooled down for approximately 1 HOUR and
the "DOOR LOCKED" icon is no longer displayed,the oven door
can then be opened (Fig. 7).
Fig.7
When the Self-Clean cycle is done:
1. The time of day,"DOOR LOCKED" and "CLEAN" icon will remain
in the display.
2. Once the oven has cooled down for approximately 1 HOUR, and
the "DOOR LOCKED" icon is no longer displayed, the oven
door can then be opened.
IMPORTANT NOTES when using the Self-Clean feature:
1. The Self-Clean feature will not operate whenever a radiant surface remains ON.
2. A Self-Clean cycle cannot be started if Oven Lockout feature is active.
3. If a Self-Cleaning-Cycle has started but not finished and a power failure occurs, the appliance may not have thoroughly
cleaned. Once power is restored, the Cooktop will remain locked. To unlock the cooktop press and hold the clock pad for 3 seconds.
The red cooktop lock icon will disappear from the display. Then set for another Self-Clean cycle to finish.
4. If your clock is set for normal 12 hour display mode the Delay Self-Clean cycle can never be set to start more than 12
hours in advance. To set for a delayed Self-Cleaning cycle 12-24 hours in advance see page 16 for instructions to set the
control for the 24 hour time of day display mode.
INSTRUCTIONS PRESS DISPLAY
Self-Cleaning
33
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did you get my response about the other buttons that don't work on the keypad?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did you get my response about the other buttons that don't work on the keypad? Did you get my reply with the model No? PLGF389CCC?
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
I.Can had to leave but what you need to do is replace the control board (EOC) electronic control board ,, the part number isNNN-NN-NNNNand it cost $184.36 and the overlay for the control and its part numberNNN-NN-NNNNand it cost $20.72 and both can be gotten at www3.sears.com ,,,, thanks Larry
graphic

Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service