Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer (Model GHW9250MW2/Serial# XXXXX

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer (Model GHW9250MW2/Serial# XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN that the belt broke on. I have ordered a replacement from two separate vendors and received a replacement that does not fit - too small! Both vendors swear they have sent the correct belt according to Whirlpool's information.

The link below shows photos of my washer and the replacement belt.

Please help me identify if there was a manufacturing change that lead to a new belt size in my model.

I can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX if you'd prefer to discuss over the phone.
I have checked and the part number for your belt is(NNN) NNN-NNNN The new belt is a very tight fit and there is no adjustment on the machine,,, you have to put the belt on the motor pulley and then walk the belt around the large tub pulley whil turing the large pulley,,,this may take several tries, however it will go on if you ordered the correct belt...