John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Have a GE Profile,Eterna series, Triton Dishwasher. There is

Have a GE Profile,Eterna series, Triton Dishwasher. There is no visable obstruction in the bottom. But water has collected to above heat element and shut unit down. This happened once before and I called out a tech. He was here about 5mins and fixed it and apologized for having to still charge me full service call rates. I'd like to see if can do it myself with your help. I'm an ole fart so, be gentle~
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Hi Thanks for your question,Is there a long screen at the back of the tub in the d/w

I will need the Model #

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model # XXXXX there is a screen to the rear thats divided into two halves yes
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Remove the screen,You will see this part,its screwed in ,Tap the tabs lightly to get it started,If its worn ,Replace it,Its a common problem,Let me know

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

removed the screne.. i believe the part you are referring to is inserted in/as the hole. don't see to well as to how toremove as heating element is in the way... tapped on as instructed...should something happen or drain or what. does not appear to be worn...

Washer not that heavily used and ALWAYS prewash dishes to almost clean...

I removed the part,does not appear worn...still standing water...is that normal?

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Then you will have to check the water pump under the D/W I will send you the breakdown
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
should it have drained when I removed that part?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

No it should not have drained.

When you turn on the unit does the motor start ora humm

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have not tried to start... it operated ok up until last use... no noise, it just shut down before completion with the standing water over the heating element. I "assumed" as a safety feature. I have not tried to re-start unit.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Try it, see if it humms or if the motor goes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing...think its stopped in the "Dry" cycle... the "Normal" "heated dry" & "start" lights are lit... even when opened the door back up
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hit reset and the unit operated.... afraid it my flood so turned off.... but no noises
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
and cancel that , push cancel drain if you have that,see if it starts to drain.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

only butoons on face of unit are... Pots/Pans,Normal,Light wash,China/Crystal,

Rinse Only,Hi Temp Rinse,Hi Temp Wash,Heated Dry,Lock,Delay start, and start/reset

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Try the start reset,See if that works,If not you could have a timer problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I tried that... I guess there's not a "quick fix" thanks for trying!

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Sorry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll still pay the $9..you tried..
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
I Appreciate it. thank you
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.