John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have practicaly new frigidaire top loading washer FWS1233FS1,

I have practicaly new frigidaire top loading washer FWS1233FS1, which does not agitate anymore. It spins just fine when drains the water out, but it completely does not move when it suppose to agitate. I took the agitator out and it looks like there is nothing wrong with it. Some other washers have some other assembly parts, but this one is all-in-one piece. It also locks itself when turning it in one way and would rotate freely when spinned in another.
I looked at the shaft end (the one with the spline comming out of the tub) and I can rotate it in both ways without much effort. It also moves slightly up and down. The bottom part of this shaft turns one way ony with the whole tub.
So, my problem is which part is actually broken?
Hi THanks for your question, On the wash cycle does the motor, go but no agitation
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, I think the washer is very quiet and nothing is moving. There is no sound as I recall.
Are you sure it spins and not just pump out the water,Does the lid lock when on the spin cycle
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it spins. I pushed the swith with a screwdriver and observed how it works. There is a metal tab which snapped in to lock the cover and pump drained all water and spin cycle run through.

Look at the console diagram ,Look for the water level switch,It could be the problem,

Its not going to the full position to start the motor,You will need a OHM meter to check that switch,Look at the wiring diagram ,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is the pressure switch the same as the water level switch?
yes it is theres a full position and empty position,empty it can spin,full to agitate
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this valve adjustable in any way or I have to replace it if it does not go from empty to full?

You have to replace,.

You can blow in where the hose goes to see if it clicks both ways

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much.

Have A Great Day