Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

How do I get to the underside of the drum to replace the missing self tapping screws

2 screws have come completely loose; the third screw is loose.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The "fin" as I call it is one of 3 sticking out into the drum. It is flapping loose when the dryer is on because 2 screws are missing and the 3rd screws is very loose. I have not used the dryer since this occurred. How do I get access to the underside of the drum to replace the missing screws and tighten the other one?
Can you give me the make and model# XXXXX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Maytag Neptune, model #MDE5500AYW

If you open the door on each side there are screws where the door closes.Remove them then take the front from the outside edges and pull it off.

If you have found this info helpful then please pressGREEN ACCEPT button,this is how I am paid for helping you today. POSITIVE feedback is appreciated.