Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My JennAir refrigerator model JCD2389GT stopped keeping the

Customer Question

My JennAir refrigerator model JCD2389GT stopped keeping the refridge side cool and the freezer went up to twenty. Water has been pooling on the floor of the freezer for about 18 months and leaks out from time to time. It is five years old. Should I replace or repair? I have a Sears appt. scheduled for tomorrow.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well its probably a defrost problem in this. Sears is expensive for their repair work, this is probably the defrost thermostat or the adaptive defrost board. is there frost on the back panel inside the freezer section? let me know , also there was a recall on some of these refrigerators I'll check your model, these were recalled for the relay assembly's on the compressors. let me know if you hear clicking or buzzing in the of refrigerator if you pull it away from the wall. let me know thanks , Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
click this link, see if your serial # XXXXX XXXXX the list. if it is they have to fix this under the recall for no charge. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sears will come, not many come to my community. I have heard a lot of buzzing and clicking in the last six months, thought it sounded like the ice maker, but wasn't. Also the rear wall has never shown ice, just the floor of the freezer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
While on hold I contacted Maytag and found that my relay switch is defective and we are scheduling the installation of the recall kit. I am complaining that I was not notified and had to wait until it stopped cooling to explore, asking that they pay for the service call to get it working, not just the recall part.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I thought it might be under the recall, well at least you can get this repaired on them thats great. sorry to see you having problems with it. if you have any other questions please ask. if you dont please dont forget to press accept its the only way i get paid, bonuses and feedback is appreciated, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I went thru the screens, not sure you got paid.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I believe I did , thank you and good luck, hope all goes well. Bryan