Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a SXD22S2W side-by-side fridge. The water dispenser

I have a SXD22S2W side-by-side fridge. The water dispenser is delayed in starting when the lever is pressed and it continues to dispense about a 1/2 cup of liquid AFTER the lever is released. This just started to occur.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
does this make a clicking noise when its sticking? it sounds to me like you need to replace the water inlet valve. let me look that up for you. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, there is no "clicking" noise. You can hear the lever "turn on" and then "turn off" BUT the water continues to flow.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is the valve in your refrigerator. Part 1018the valve is sticking when you start it and then gets stuck open when you release it. you need to replace the valve in this. you can get it @ for around $38.00 ,its located in the back where the water line connects to the back of refrigerator, any further questions just ask, thanks Bryan