Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

whirlpool dryer 1. model # XXXXX 2. serial # MUO530045 3.

whirlpool dryer
1. model # XXXXX
2. serial # MUO530045
3. type DWJR-ELE-2406026-FM54

Problem: After it trip the breaker I reset the breaker, but found I had no power to the dryer. The unit that connects to the knob to how long you want to dry your clothes I found a area that was burnt. I think the part model # XXXXX XXXXX for that unit I'm not sure though. I am not sure if that would be the problem or could there be something else.
this may be your trouble. Part 2986its the thermal fuse, this should be on the blower assembly behind the rear panel. check this fo continuity,remove the two wires, there should be continuity across the two spades. let me know , thanks Bryan, p.s. unplug the dryer before testing.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I took out the thermal fuse and check it was still good. The start switch has a burn, and the timer has a burn when it set off the main breaker. If i replace the start switch, and the timer would that be it or could there be something else. Please let me know asap thanks.
well its hard to say, did you have a power surge or spike, check the cord where it connects to dryer and see if its loose, sometimes this will cause it to ark and burn the timer and start switch. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well i check the cord to the dryer and everything is still tight, i'm not sure if its a power surge or a spike all i know is that after it trip the breaker the start switch and the timer was burn. Now i have both parts on order and wont get to me here until monday i am able to return these parts if its not the problem. If i was to replace these parts would it give me power back to the dryer. also what can i do to prevent this from ever happening again.
as far as I know this should take care of it. as far as prevention the only this you can do is put a gfi breaker in the breaker box but you need an electrian to do this, let me know if everything runs ok after replacement, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bryan i was able to get the parts this morning and replace it. I try starting up the dryer and still nothing, should i return the timer. Anything else that I can check to see what the problem is, thanks Bee
well there are two more things you can check. 1 the door switch ,Part 528948sometimes these go bad or the black tab breaks off where it hits thye door, 2 the start switch. Part 527427 check these and let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well I check it and the door switch and it looks goods, not sure where the second picture of that unit is located, I don't have the dryer totally disassemble. let me know where the second unit is at thanks bee
its up in the control panel and it the part you push to start the dryer. Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well if its that part then its good cause i just replace the start switch. i feel that it has something to do with electrical that something is short or burn.
replace already
1.start switch
if everything you tested and changed is good I really dont know what else it could be. here are some diagrams nfor you to look over and see if there something we missed. its hard to tell over the net,!retrieveModelDetails.pd?modelNumber=WED5300SQ0&productCategoryId=0151200&brandId=1198&modelName=RESIDENTIAL-DRYER let me know, hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate all your help bryan, I will pay you for your effort in assisting me. One last question could you give me step by step to check for a repair if when the dryer heater is not drying the clothes what i need to replace. By the way it was not the dryer that was not having power, it was the electrical outlet not receiving any power. Replace the breaker and everything was fine.
ok . glad to hear you found the power problem , I thought you checked that before sorry, heres the diagram for changing the element , just remove the back panel and you need to remove the screws marked # XXXXX on the diagram , there are one on each side of the element, as you can see the element then it comes right off the heater can and remove the wires and replace. the thermostat on the bottom of the element just pry off the spade on the old element. and goes back on the new one. then do everything in reverse from there. very easy element to replace. thanks and well wishes, Bryan