John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My GE Potscrubber dishwasher VSD3104xooww won;t drain. Weve

My GE Potscrubber dishwasher VSD3104xooww won;t drain. We've checked the hoses and drain and they seem to be clear. What do we do next
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, it will help to have the make and model number of the appliance we are talking about and any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. We are working hard to make you happy...

Please reverify the model number, this model does not come up in any of our databases here...

Warning, If you opt me out from helping you, I will not be able to respond back,,,,Use this option only if you do not wish to communicate with me any further...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, It's a GE potscrubber..about 14 years purchased in Canada., Model Number:

VSD3104XOOWW

The water won't drain out of the tub. We checked the hoses and drains in the house, and couldn't find a problem. What else would cause a problem with draining?

Cathy
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi Thanks for the question,It wont drain out at all ,or drains ,But leaves some water
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

If it drains at all, it's very little draining out. The bottom of the tub was quite full of water.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b3a9i821081&PartID=821081

At the very back of the tub,under the long screen ,you will see this part,Its called Piston& nut,It unscrews ,Remove and check it for wear,If its worn Replace it

The Apliance Doc

John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.