Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag washer, model # XXXXX that leaks water from

I have a Maytag washer, model # XXXXX that leaks water from the bottom. This seems to be intermittend, i.e. does not happen on every load, but when it does there's a fair amount of water of the floor.

Any suggestions?

ok the first thing you need to do is take the 2 screws marked #17 on this diagram out and pull the front panel out at the bottom and then run the washer and see where the water is comming from. let me know what you find and I'll tell you what you need to do. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Bryan . . .

Currently running a wash cycle. Will get back shortly.

ok let me know. keep an eye at the center of the tub at the tub seal. also the left side where the water comes into the tub and watch for dripping.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Will do.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Bryan . . .

Well it figures. The macine did not leak this time, but I certanly appreciate your providing a troubleshooting road map. Some questions:

• Can I get a copy of our 'chat'?
  • How do I back in touch with you specifically once the problem (leak) does occur?

well when you log back on you can still ask me questions and I will help. you should be able to find your original question still there as long as you dont close the question, you can hit accept and still come back . as far as a copy of our chat I really dont know you can ask a moderator, they may be able to tell you, thanks, Bryan