Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My washer flashed F and H and now I cant stop or start

My washer flashed "F" and "H" and now I can't stop or start the cycle. I think the load might be too heavy, but I can't get into it to take some of the clothes out. It's a whirlpool duet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this is the meaning of your code,
F/H

No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.

Or

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
  • If there is no water in the unit:
    1. Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
    2. Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
    3. Verify inlet valve operation
  • If there is water in the unit:
    1. Verify Drain pump operation
    2. Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch
  • Verify there is not a siphon problem
  • Verify wire harness connections to:Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check all hoses for possible leaks
  • Verify pressure switch operation
  • Verify flow meter operation
  • Verify CCU operati
to open the door you need to remove the bottom front panel. there are three screws underneath the panel if you look straight in under panel. take the panel off and reach up and pull the release ring at the bottom of the door switch. check the things its mentions here and also check your drain pump there is a cup you unscrew in the very front of machine once you have the panel off, be carefull there is allot of water that will come out, try to get as much water as possible out of machine then tip it back and let it rest against the wall then remove coin catch cup. clean good and run machine empty (no clothes) and see if it runs. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That was it! I had to move my washer and dryer for a short period of time to put tile in and when the man replaced it he didn't turn on the cold water.....yikes. Once I turned the water on all the way it started back up. Thank you so so so much! Have a great day.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your welcome, please don't forget to press the accept button, its the only way I get paid for helping, bonuses and feedback is appreciated, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.