Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

How do I remove the front panel on LG refrigerator to replace

Customer Question

How do I remove the front panel on LG refrigerator to replace the ice chute assembly(not the whole door panel just the water/ice dispender section). My model # XXXXX XXXXX I brought a ice dispender chute, but the attachment hooks are different then the orginal one. I was told that they do not make the orginial part anymore, so I brought the whole assembly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.

Let me see if I can send it here. There is a step by step procedure that I hope I can send it here one by one.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a LG refrigerator, model # XXXXX The ice chute dispenser broke off from the tabs when it attachs to the ice chute assembly. I purchased another ice chute but the tabs are different. I was told that they do not manufacture the orginial part any more, so I had to purchase tne ice chute assembly. How do I remove the front panel to replace the ice chute assembly(not the whole door panel, just the water/ice dispender panel. Does this panel snaps into the door panel?
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.

Here is the step by step instruction.

HOW TO REMOVE DISPENSER
1) Disconnect button assembly by pulling down until it
stops and then pulling forward.

2) Remove display frame Assembly by making a gap
between a display frame Assembly. and funnel
Assembly. with a blade screwdriver and pulling it
forward. The cover dispenser is fixed with a hook.

3) Display Assembly can be disconnected by pressing the
upper part of a cover dispenser and pushing a display
Assembly. after disconnecting display frame Assembly.
housing.

4) Loosen four screws with a phillips screwdriver and pull a
funnel Assembly to disconnect.

5) Duct cap Assembly is disconnected if hold lever
connecting screw is loosened with a phillips screwdriver.

6) For assembling a duct cap Assembly insert one end of a
spring into the right hole of dispenser lever, and insert
the other end into the right hole in upper part of
dispenser. And then assemble a holder lever after fixing
a holder at a solenoid Assembly working part.

Here is another file with pictures. I have to paste it in word. I can't copy the pictures.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This doesn't reassemble anything on my fridge. There is no button on this model. My LG model # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry but I got it from LG. It is the service manual for LRSC21934XX. They could have an error on the posting. Here is the site. You can check it your self. download the service manual on the left hand side.
Those pages I gave you are page 116 and 117.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went to the LG site you gave me. This is not my model fridge and this will not help me in any way solve my problem.
Expert:  Francis replied 5 years ago.
Ok.

I will opt out since I can not help you with out the service manual. They have it mixed up somehow with a different model number of their unit.

You can wait for other expert to answer your inquiries. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I will still try to get a service manual and if nobody answers your question, I will answer back if ever I was able to find one.

Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
francis asked me to help out with a manual for your unit and here it is / thanks Larry

http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0504394.pdf
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This manual doesn't show the steps to remove and replace the ice chute assembly. I'm giving up and try to use an adhesive to attach the old chute back in place. Thanks anyway.
before you give up maybe this will help //// thanks
graphic