Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I just installed a PUR UKF8001 filter into my Maytag fridge,

I just installed a PUR UKF8001 filter into my Maytag fridge, model# XXXXX like I've done several times before in the last 3 years. This time there is almost no water flow coming out of the water dispensor. I've checked source water pressure at the wall, and see no kinks/twists in the tubes behind the fridge. I put the old filter in and get the same results. If I let it sit, and then use the dispensor, normal water flow comes out for about 2 seconds, then down to a trickle. Any assistance would be appreciated
this sounds like the valve is bad to me. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is a dual valve and one side runs the ice maker and the other water in the door, its not opening enough to let water flow throgh, this is located in the back of refrigerator where the waterline connects to the refrigerator, replace this and you should be all set. heres where you can get it. http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-MSD2651HEW-%3d%3dei1071263&PartID=1071263 its around $28.00. cheaper than a filter! hope this helps, thanks Bryan