Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

When I go to turn on my Kitchenaid wall oven model kebc107kss03

When I go to turn on my Kitchenaid wall oven model kebc107kss03 the temperature reading is at 300 degrees yet the oven hasn't been used in days. This seems to have happened ever since a power failure. I cannot start the oven at anything under 300degrees.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this sounds like one of two problems. either the clock, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= (erc electronic range control) is bad or the oven temperature sensor is bad, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= try shutting the power of for ten minute and turn it back on and see if it works. let me know I'll be back after lunch to check back with you. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I turned off the power , waited for 10 minutes..the panel showed PF (power failure). I hit cancel (weird that clock did not have to be reset). pressed bake and 300 degrees shows up immediately...tried entering 150 degrees and ERR comes up. yet anything above 300 works fine.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I think you need to replace the erc in this, unfortunately its expensive though. heres a link to get the clock, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-kebc107kss03-%3d%3dei1179548&PartID=1179548 thanks Bryan