Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool side by side, 28 days past warranty, my

I have a whirlpool side by side, 28 days past warranty, my ice maker dosen't work, replaced the solenoid, blew through the lines, no clogs, removed the icemaker so it could thaw out, incase it was clogged with a chunk of ice. This modle hase the infared lights for ice height. I have read lots of sited on the internet, next step, replace icemaker or sensor lights, any ideas. Thanks Bob
can you get me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is the conquest series i think but here is the modle #GS6SHEXNL00
ok the first thing you need to check on this is the ice maker module, this is under the front white cover on the ice maker. this cover will pop off (it snaps on) check the middle of the big white gear and see if one of the 2 white tabs is broken or missing, these hold the gear tight and break all the time, you can order just the module instead of the whole ice maker. clcik here, let me know what you find, thanks BryanIce Maker Module - Click Image to Close
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am at work, will look at it when i get home and let you know.
ok , and here the test for the infered emiter. just in case ,

From the tech sheet for your icemaker.

1.Unplug the refrigerator

2.Take out the icemaker and remove the cover.

3. Jump T and H to start a harvest.

4. Plug the unit back in.

5. Close the freezer door a harvest will begin in 5 seconds.

6. Open the freezer door and observe Ice maker, A harvest should be in progress.

7. Unplug the unit and remove the jumper before the icemaker reaches 10:00

8. Plug the refrigerator back in.

9. Listen for the water fill and disconnect the power immediately after the water fill.

10. With the freezer door closed reconnect the power.

11. Wait 5 seconds to a maximum of 50 seconds open the freezer door and

watch the led

12. 2 pulses repeated once indicate the optics are failed replace both optic boards.

If you go through these steps and find this is the case then the part below is what you need. I would repeat it a couple of times just to be sure.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok i am home, i forwarded the instructions to the house, e-mail here [email protected], so there should be 2 tabls in the center hole, i only see one, this will stop the water also, no water is comming into the unit.I am going to hit the Appliance Accepts tab, is this the payment tab. Let me know if you get paid at my home e-mail also. Thanks Bob
yes this will stop the water from going into the ice maker, this happens allot on these, you can get this @ let me know how you make out, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did not do the sensor light test, can't find the t and h wires, found some holes marked TAND H stripped some wire around 2 inches pushed them in and it did not feel like it hit anything, is this what you mean by jumping?
yes thats the two hole marked T and H that you start the cycling with, if one of the tabs on the module in the middle of the gear is missing then all you need to do is replace the module and you will be all set. dont bother trying to cycle the ice maker it wont work if a tab is missing. hope this helps ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, Bob
your welcome , and thank you, Bryan