Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The right rear heating element on my maytag Gemini range stopped

The right rear heating element on my maytag Gemini range stopped working after the unit was pulled out and pushed back to the wall. I have checked to be sure all the connections to the element seem to be tight and connected. what else could it be?
Submitted: 5 years ago via PartStore.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

can you get us the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX 6872BAS
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok you may need to replace the ifinate switch in this. this is the switch you turn the burner on with Part 2275more than likely moving the stove didnt cause this though. its hard to say without testing this. do you know how to use a volt meter and check voltage. ? let me know ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
unfortunately not. it does seem odd that the burner worked fine before the stove was pulled out to replace some tiles. are you sure that couldn't have jarred something??
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well you said you check all the connections and they are all tight. it does seem odd though that this happened when you moved it did you bang it around allot? without a meter and knowing how to use it ,this is difficult . recheck all the wires to unit and there is a plug that plugs into the controls check that also. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would that plug control only one element. if so, where is it? not sure how much banging around the stove got when pushing it back into position! Thanks for your help
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well if you pull the stove out again and look in the back where the wires go underneath to the burners there should be a square plug but it goes to all the burners not sure if thats the problem but it wouldnt hurt to check that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will check that. if that doesn't help, what do you suggest. then I will let you go!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well if that isnt the problem then you will need a volt meter and know how to test live wires, if your uncomfortable with this I would call someone for service, I wouldnt want to tell you to start replacing things and find out after spending money it still doesnt work. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.