Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have Kenmore Model(NNN) NNN-NNNNSN XBB0801226 (whirlpool 1992)

Have Kenmore Model(NNN) NNN-NNNNSN XBB0801226 (whirlpool 1992) slide in electric range. It started tripping 50 amp breaker. Took back off found spark comming from around underneath side of front 6" burner when wife tried to reset breaker . Checked burner with mutimeter can't find short. Am worried continuing to try breaker reset to better locate short might damge breaker. Sometimes no spark and breaker stays reset. Losened suspected top burner so could check from above stove still found no short.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is this your burner? Part 491918Part 491918 you probably need to strip the wires back and put them back in tightly. more than likely after using for so long the wires have become burned and the ark when they get a bad connection , this is not good for the breaker. you can see the two screws on the burner loosen these (turn breaker off first) the rmove the wires and check for burns. strip wire back past the burned part and retighten. this should take care of it , let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes this is replacement burner. Another aspect of problem is it does not matter if burner is turned on. All four top burner "on" lights work correctly based on its on/off/hi/lo burner control knb selction. The first breaker trip followed my wife spilling water on stove top.

The second breaker trip happened when nothing was in use. It was noticed when wife

wanted to use. After this second breaker trip, breaker would not reset. At this pont I slid

range out and started to try to find problem.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
so did you find anything that may still be wet from spill or any burnt wirring?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Water spill on top of range and 1st breaker trip was 1 week before 2nd trip. Everything is dried out. Can't see anything burnt. It's hard looking at wiring thru 5" wide slot running width of back of range. Does top hinge up ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok let me see if I can find some diagrams ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

You obviously are good at appliance repair.

Ranges may be one of the simpler appliances you work on.

Can we fix this range ?

Is there a max amount to pay (like a pay one price) for your help getting this range fixed ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
here are some diagrams for you to look at. clcik here,!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=665.4558992&pop=flush let me know if that came through, thanks Bryan