Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Bosch Nexxt Premium Dryer Model WTMC 632SUS purchased

We have a Bosch Nexxt Premium Dryer Model WTMC 632SUS purchased a little over a year. It isn't blowing hot air and the clothes are cold after drying.
A few months ago this happened and you told us to take off back panel and press the little red button in the middle of the thermostat on right hand side until it clicked. That worked back then. Last week, the dryer stopped working completely and with your help we determined it was the electrical cord. We replaced that and it started working, but only blowing cold air. So we tried pushing the button. This time the button doesn't click at all. Can you tell me what this could be? It is still blowing cold air.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
do you have and know how to use a volt meter? this is the thermostat you push the button on right? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Husband is sleeping.   I will try and answer this. I believe that the volt meter is the thing he used to test the power cord. It beeped on the black wire but nothing on the others. He did this because at the time, the dryer would not even turn on. So he purchased a new cord and when he replaced it, the dryer turned on fine. Now we have the problem of cold air instead of hot inside the dryer.
I do reckognize the thermostat as the same one he was pressing inside our dryer. The last time this happened, with the cold air inside dryer, we pushed that exact button and the dryer started working properly again. This time, we don't hear a click when you push the button and the dryer is still blowing cold air. UGH!!! If I was wrong about the volt meter, I will wake up my husband.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
let him sleep, I have to run out for a few minutes but will be back and when your husband is up we can try to figure this out , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI We are back. My wife pretty much gave you the exact info of what happened. Any idea of what this could be?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well if thye button that you pushed isnt clicking it may still already be set. do you know how to check continuity. ? take the wires off the reset nad see if thyeres continuity between the spades if there is its good.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There are two wires that go to the thermostat. Are those the ones you mean? What do I do after that? Not sure what continuity between spades means.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok pull the wires off and set your meter to ohms and check to see if the thermostat is good and reset. just touch leads to each side and see if it is a complete circuit, or you can tape the two wires together(for test only do net leave taped) and see if you get heat then, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan,

I taped the two wires together and the machine still blows cold air. Any other thoughts?

Scott
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yeah there are more thermostats in this, let me pull them up and get a look. thanks Bryan, also heating element could be bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for being so thourough.

The machine is 1 year old, if that makes a difference.

Scott
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well theres these also. check them the same way 1 the high limit thermostatPart(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=theres also a heater relay in this , click here to see diagrams, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieveModelDetails.pd?modelNumber=WTMC632SUS-01&productCategoryId=0151200&brandId=1794&modelName=DRYER there are allot of parts you may noy be able to check without knowing how to test with a meter though. if the high limit thermostat is good you may want to call for service on this its very complicated. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks we are going to call service.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

your welcome, you dont want to just start replacing things without knowing the problem. that can get expensive also. thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.