Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE Profile freezer/refridgerator. Ice maker not working. The

GE Profile freezer/refridgerator. Ice maker not working. The tube and tray above the ice maker where water enters is frozen solid. I have defrosted it after which it operates for a short time before refreezing. What is the the problem? As I have no expertise in this can it be easily repaired by myself
sounds like your valve is dripping water(even though you dont notice it) drops of water will slowly freeze as they come down the tube. after a a littltle while it builds up and the tube freezes up. I've seen this a hundered times. you need to replace the fill valve, if you can get me your model # XXXXX can look this up for you , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX do I find the model number. The appliance is surrounded by fitted kitchen cabinets!
ok see if its in one of these places , Appliance Model Illustration it should be in one of these places,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Label on inside of refridgerator cabinet. Model:- PCG23NHMFFBB. No. GD425628
the valve is located behind the refrigerator ,unfortunatly you need to pull refrigerator out from the cabinets to get to it. here are the diagrams on where its located. its part # XXXXX on this diagram, the valve you need is this.
WR57X10065 # XXXXX know a place to get it for allot less than the $73.00 Sears wants for it. I'll get back to you in a minute with that info. thanks Bryan
these guys have your valve for $48.33 , http://midwayparts.net/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=5 just click this link and it will take you right to the page. thanks Bryan