Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

I have a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model #106.56706500. The

I have a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model #106.56706500. The door ajar signal has been going on since last night (it is now 10:17 in the AM). How can we stop it.
Thank you
Barbara Weston
Hi Barbara,

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Have you checked the owner's manual to turn off that feature?

Next, you can try to see if the door switch is stuck. Push the buttons for the doors in and out to see if that will correct the problem. Do they appear to be sticking?

Also, if that doesn't work try unplugging the refrigerator for a 1/2 hour or so to see if the board which controls these features will reset.

If these do not fix the problem or you have tried them already, let us know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Bernie

I pushed the door switch in and out to no avail then unplugged the refrigerator and it continued to beep. Then I "wiggled" the door switch and it stopped. Go figure. Thanks a lot !!!

Hi Barbara,

You're welcome and thank you for the accept.

If this comes back it will likely mean that the the door switch will need to be replace in the future.

If you are still under the original manufacturer's warranty (usually one year from date of purchase), it would be best to have them take care of it before the warranty runs out.