Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I just bought a Whirlpool Duet Dryer Model 9600, installed

I just bought a Whirlpool Duet Dryer Model 9600, installed it Monday Night, worked great all day yesterday. Today my wife claims she's doing exactly as yesterday and when she tries to get it working she gets three beeps. I had her check the Power Supply and it's getting Power. We did the Control Lock Procedure even though the indicator light was not on and nothing has worked.

She went back 30 minutes after I typed the first paragraph and started pressing all the buttons and magically it is now working! we have a repair man coming Friday. Your thoughts??

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

The first thing we would think is that either the door was not completely shut correctly or the control lock was on.

There also could have been a an incompatible setting on the dryer that she cleared when she started pushing buttons. Some settings of the dryer will not allow you to override the preset.

Also,you can sometimes reset a confused control board by unplugging the dryer for 1/2 hour or more. This is also a possibility. Power loss or drops will cause the board to become confused.

We would not have a technician look at the dryer unless the problem where there for him to see. So, you might wait until tommorrow to see if the problem comes back. If it does not, cancel the service call until you an show the technician the problem.

Please let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

bernie