Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I disassemble the burners to replace the drip pans on

Customer Question

How do I disassemble the burners to replace the drip pans on a PRSG366 range?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
are these what you need to replace ? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
here are some diagrams of the burner assembly's on diagram take the burners caps and burners then lift the pans off.these are extremely expensive pans. around $145.00 each though. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My question is "How do I remove the burner venturi to loosen the nut holding it in place?"
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
the diagrams dont show everything in detail. let me take a look at some other things and i'll try to get back to you shortly. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm going to opt out of this question, I cant even find the burner parts pictures to get a look at them , maybe someone else will have the info you need, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.

Take a look at the picture of part #112...That will give you a idea of how it comes out...It is threaded...Thanks Bob

Also...If you look at the venture from the top...You will see that the inner circumference is shaped like a allen wrench...that is how you remove the venture...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The center is a hollow tube with a 20mm hex head threaded onto a jet holder (Bosch # XXXXX). The problem is how to keep the jet holder from turning when applying the required torque to loosen the threaded venturi holding the burner body in place,

.

See if you can spray some lubricant into it....You can also take a good size set of channel locks to hold is still with a piece of scothbrite to protect the finish...if i was there we could get it off...Just go easy on it....

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry - you do not understand the problem. Is there some tool to insert down through the venturi (#112 in the diagram) to hold the jet body (#119) from turning. I did apply torque and the jet body (#119) turned along with the hex part and the connecting tube (#120) broke and now when I turn the hex nut with a wrench both the venturi (#112) and the jet body (#119) turns but I connot hold the Jet body (#119) to loosen the assembly. I will not put a wrench to any othe burner without finding out how to keep the jet body from turning and breaking another tube (#120). So the question is - How do I loosen the 20mm screw top venturi without turning the assembly and breaking the attached tube?

If you look at the jet body....Underneath it will have a 90 degree bend..That is where you would hold it with channel locks or a open end wrench to keep it from turning and breaking the gas supply line...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
With all the drip plates in place - how do I get underneath? All of the service manuals indicate that you disassemble from the burner heads down.
Correct but it sound like yours are pretty well seated....looks like there maybe a small access panel in the back not much room tho...Otherwise you would have to get to from front(being careful not to bend up gas lines)...Have you tried to turn the screws counter clock wise to loosen threads...?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes - I tried both directions - on the one that I broke - it loosened by turning clockwise.

Is there a special socket tool that you can insert down through the center of the venturi (#112) to capture and hold the jet base (#119)?

Yes sometimes you can free it by tighten then loosen...no special tool...from there its a matter of keeping 119 from turning underneath...