Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE Profile Arctica PSS25NGMD door was left open for two

My GE Profile Arctica PSS25NGMD door was left open for two days. Now the refer and freezer motors don't come on. The temperatures are set at "warm" numbers. When changing to colder temps, the settings don't hold and go back to the warmer ones. My freezer motor tried to run ... but ran slowly (kind of off & onn) then the light went out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

you have burned out the amin control board( mothere board ) in this. if these run for a long period of time like when the door is open it fries the board. Main Control Board - Click Image to Closeyou can order this @ http://midwayparts.net/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=8 its the cheapest place around, I'll send diagrams in a minute they are easy to change, thanks bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
heres a diagram of where its located. click this link to go right to the board page, http://midwayparts.net/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=8 hope this helps , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My mom was admitted to the hospital last night and I was exhausted after 2 days of helping her at my parents home an hour away until we could convince her to go to the ER (4th ER visit and 4th Dr. appt. in one month). I am so thankful that they admitted

her. My sister came from Minden to help, so I came home to the refrigerator

problem. Just couldn't stay awake for your answer. This morning everything seems

to have reset itself. The freezer is now running and the light is on again. The refrig. has been reset to 34 and cold again too.

I just checked and the freezer is on 3. When I press the colder button, it goes to 0 but then goes back to 3 when I open the door. That must be the current temp, and it will

adjust to the 0 setting soon? I lost my manual, how can I get a new one on line?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this should be alright now then. it sounds like you just didnt let it run long enough to get back down to temp. after you shut the door, as far as the manual goes I'm not seeing it in my databases but you could probably call G.E. and order one. hope this helps, thanks Bryan