Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

can you tell me the problem with this dryer? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am so duh. i hit the enter button after typing in the ge dryer #. i have a squeak coming from the dryer. i am going to replace the belt tonight. after you tell me how . what else should i look for possible causes of squeak.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I just wrot out all the instuctions. (about 300 words and my internet died) have to right it all over again! heres some diagrams. click here, this has all the diagram for your machine, start by looking at the way it goes together. on diagram 76104 part # XXXXX is the problem with the squeeking its the rear bushing. Part 3410 I'll start all over again to explain how to do this.I'll be back. Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
start by removing top # XXXXX by removing screws # XXXXX then remove front part# XXXXX by removing screws # XXXXX then tip front forward and remove the door switch wires. I'll be back with the rest of instructions in a minute, dont want to loose all this agian.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
then go in from the back panel and release the belt, pull the entire drum out and replace the rear bearing . #543 then re assemble same way but in reverse. hope this helps and bonuses are appreciated, hope all goes well. thanks Bryan, p.s. please dont forget to press accept or I dont get paid at all. thanks again, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks . i never did find a picture of where 394 was but i figured it out. barrell is out ,bearing is ordered(from your preferred vendor) thank you again for your help.i am hitting the accept button
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thank you . well wishes, Bryan