Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Frigidaire Washing Machine (model FWT449GFS1) has stopped

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Washing Machine (model FWT449GFS1) has stopped spinning. It fills and drains fine. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to check the coin catch in this. Part 408212if this has coins or stuff in it sometimes it blocks the pressure line to the control and the machine doesnt think its drained and wont spin also is the door lock light on? heres some diagrams on this, its # XXXXX on this diagram, check this it may be clogged. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure that this is the problem. I may not have provided you with all the details that you needed. My washing machine does not agitate during the wash cycle either. Yes, the door lock light is on, and the door is definitely locked. I am able to manually move the drum - it is not frozen in place. It can manually move freely. Does this new information change your diagnosis? Thanks, Nina
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok thats a little different, well then I would take the top off or the front bottm panel and see if the belt has come off. its in the back of machine, it may also have broken. if you take the top off you can see the rear pully easier than trying to see it from the front, anyway in the back there are screws holding the top on remove them and lift the back of the top panel and then pull back towards the rear and it will slide out from under the front. the pully will be in the back of the tub. check the belt., let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. I'll do it. The only question that I have now is "where is the Green Accept button?"
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you will see it now, i wanted to make sure we get to the bottom of your issue. you can press accept and if you need more help i'll still be here. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just removed the top of my machine. The belt is not broken or frayed. It looks fine to me. I have no idea why my machine will not agitate. Do you think that it's time to call an appliance man?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry I didnt get your reply until now, you probably called for service by now, that would be the way to go at this point anyway. these machines are complicated and you have gone as far as you can at this point. good luck and thank you, Bryan