Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Jenn-Air Duel Fuel slide in range(model JDS9860AAP,

I have a Jenn-Air Duel Fuel slide in range(model JDS9860AAP, series 14). The display panel blinks periodically but goes away when I press stop/clear. Today, I tried to use the oven and as it was preheating to 450 it the panel started blinking and then went blank. The oven went off also. Bad control panel?
well the first thing i would check is the wirring on the board for loose connections. also check the cord where it connects to the stove. sometimes these burn because the they were not tightened enough, if all that is ok then you probably need to replace this. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=check the things i told you first though. this runs around $170.00. yours may not be black but its the same erc. (electronic range control) or otherwise known as the clock assembly. let me know what you find and unplug oven before taking any panels the back. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the response! When you say check the wiring on the board for loose connections, what board are you talking about??

Also, another symptom appeared. My wife was using the gas stove top and the display panel (clock assembly?) started blinking again.

i believe you have a bad clock which is the display panel (clock assembly) let me get you some diagrams. you need to take the control appart from the front on this model here are some diagrams , the clock is part # XXXXX on this diagram. shut the power off before servicing this, thanks Bryan