Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

ice tray will not cycle. It remains in upright position and

ice tray will not cycle. It remains in upright position and water pours over tray with ice causing buildup. We have a Samsung Refrigator model rs2577sl
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
theyhave been having problems with with these ice makers , I just got a call from a warranty company on this, is this your ice maker,? . how old is this unit? shut the water off behind refrigerator to start with ,this will stop the water. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes its our refrigator with an icemaker unit. I was purchaased 12/9/03 at Best Buy.
I look forward to hearing back from you with an answer to our problem.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this unit will need to be replace .there are no servicable parts for this. you can order this here. its $85.88 .not a bad price really. hope this helps. I would make sure that its not under warranty before you buy it yourself though, call before ordering but being its 6 years old I dont believe it is. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't understand. What parts to buy? How did you come up with that amount? Would I even be able to put it together?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if you click on the link in above post you will be directed to the page with the part on it, they get $85.88 for a whole new ice maker, I'm not sure if you can put it together or not are you handy? I thought you wnted to fix this yourself/ if not you need to call a service man to fix this .I'm just telling you what the problem is and you need to replace the ice maker to fix it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I must be dumb. The page you sent has parts. I do not see an icemaker for $85.88. It is not on that page. What is the part number I need to buy. Please look at what you sent me and see what I am talking about.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago. click here and put in this part # XXXXX when you get to the site it will say search by model # XXXXX will have a drop down arrow on the side right next to where it says search model press the arrow and put it on search by part # XXXXX the put the part # XXXXX gave you in that box and hit search,the ice maker will come up then you can puchase it. thanks Bryan