Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag washer (mav6300aww, s# XXXXX). It started

I have a Maytag washer (mav6300aww, s# XXXXX). It started making a very loud noise while running - almost a banging noise. It stopped for several loads. Started again and now it will cycle through the wash cycle but sounds like it overloads and quits when going into the rinse/spin cycle. Now, tub is full of water. Any ideas? Thanks, Mark
let me check your model and I'll be back , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What information do you need? I cannot tell from the screen.

It looks like Bryan is checking for more information??

ok , well after looking at this machine can you tell me if you can hear the motor running at all? did you smell anything like burning rubber or a electrical smell like motor overheating?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The motor is running during the wash cycle. After that, it bogs down and stops. No smell or sound after the "overload" occurance. You can reset the control knob and start the wash cycle again. If you try to start the spin or risnse cycle, you hear an electrical overload sound and the machine shuts off.

Again, no smell. Electrical or rubber.

unfortunately this probably has a bad spin bearing assembly. this is the bearing kit. this is a big job and not easy not to mention you need a few special tools you have to buy, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=there is a repair manual for this ( of course you have to buy this also) but the bearing kit does come with instuctions but if your not really mechanicly inclined I wouldnt attempt this. as techs we have a hard time with these, the only other thing I would check is the pump and make sure theres not anything jammed it it. like a sock or something, heres wher you can get the kit if you want, be aware though sometimes these dont come appart without damaging the transmission threds this screws onto.wish I had better news, who knows maybe there something in the pump and thats all. good luck. thanks Bryan